Thursday 8 December 2011

100 Down: I'm Blessed and I'm Prettier

This morning was my 100th day!!!! I can't believe it y'all I can't believe I actually did 100 yoga sessions in the hot room...in 99 days!!! CAN I GET AN AMEN THANK YOU JESUS!!!! CAN I GET A WHOOP WHOOP. AH SHOOT LET'S JUST THROW A PARTY!

Class this morning was, simply put, AMAZING!!

On my 82nd class, the day I went back after the man flu,  the lovely Claire said "tell me when you get to 100 so I can come and practice with you". I almost cried when she said that. And true to her word she was there at 630 this morning along with her hubby Dennis. It was such a beautiful gesture and it meant so much to me. They got me a card and some spa magik dead sea bath salt...They so did not have to do that because it was more than enough being in class with me at that ungodly hour...I will never forget this until the day I die. I will be using the bath salt to soak in with my favourite glass of red wine tomorrow night. Claire has been a real inspiration from my first entering the Bikram studio she has always had a word of encouragement and her muscles are to die for...she says she only does bikram so there is hope for my arms yet.

I'm so grateful to everyone at Bikram Yoga Chiswick everyone there feels like family and I have so much love for them. Thank you for encouraging me and for helping me finish the challenge as you know how important it is for me not to fail this. It is true what they say: "how you deal with the situation in the room is how you deal with life." Many a time it was a struggle and I felt like giving up. But I saw it through with my own persistence and with the help of everyone there who cheered me on. What you put in to life and in yoga is what you get out of it. So here's hoping for that major positive shift in my life that I have been longing for for the longest time.

I definitely am feeling the effects of the last 100 sessions and all I can say is BOO YA!!!!!

Physically I am starting to get muscle in my arms. I've always hated my arms and always wear long sleeves even in the hottest summer. Come next summer I will be able to show them off next year.

People have said I look smaller...I don't really see it. I am going by the scale, which is bad I know. I'm not too happy with the numbers.  I hadn't seen a friend of mine since the beginning of the challenge and she said I do look smaller and my arms are getting defined (ever so slightly but the definition is there).

People also say my skin is glowing which makes me smile. I don't really wear makeup so this is good cos I really can't be arsed dealing with foundation and crap...Bring on the natural glow.

I have also noticed people smile at me when I'm walking down the street. The lovely Laura said it is because there is an internal light in  me that is shining through...so imma let this little light of mine shine

Mentally I am STRONGER...granted I get Bikram brain every now and again but I don't feel as depressed as I did before I started.

I used to have little panic attacks and dwell on stuff making my situation feel worse then it was...now I deal with it or let it go. Once in a while I do dwell on stuff but definitely not as much as before.

I have a voice now. Before I really didn't have the confidence to say what I felt...I now know that my opinion counts and I know that I am important if I wasn't I wouldn't be on this earth. End of story.


Spiritually there has been movement and I feel more in tune with the Creator. I haven't stepped foot into church since way before July to the disappointment of some people and I don't feel bad about that. The yoga has been my meditation with God as He made me and dwells within me showing me what I am capable of. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.


2 comments:

  1. Amazing. Truly inspiring. Congratulations all around - what an incredible personal goal. And thank you for introducing me to this gorgeous Jill Scott song!

    ReplyDelete