Friday 9 December 2011

101 Down: Why??? Because you have to show up for one extra class

# of yoga classes taken since Sept: 101
# of doubles: approx 15
# of triples: 1
# of times I did my laundry: countless


So last night I finally did my 101 class. According to the definition of the 101 day yoga challenge you do   
101-Days because you just have to show up for one extra day.

and basically in my mind it's because you can...what is one extra day after all is said and done?

I loved every minute of it and even though the last two weeks have been grueling practicing yoga every day and having some doubles thrown in...it has been so worth it. My body is so sore and I LOVE IT!!!

Last night in class Kate said I was an inspiration...which in my mind is laughable cos I'm far from inspiring. I started to think of what inspired me to get this done...Firstly my cousin Sue who is just an all round inspiration. She got me into this Bikram yoga malarkey and I truly love her for it. We live parallel lives on opposite sides of the earth and we often find that we have been doing and discovering things at the same time...Bikram was one thing that she gently nudged me towards and her gentle persistence finally worked.

When I first attended the studio the lovely Steve was just finishing his 101 challenege. Dude he made it real for me...he is so serene and always has a smile on his face...we got to talking and he told me he finished his challenge early!!! Lets just say when he told me what day he finished on my jaw dropped and my mind started working over time wondering if I could do the same... This dude is my hero nuff respect to him.

The lovely Claire and Joe the cutest couple on earth finished their 100 day challenge last week Friday in Paris...totally romantic. In my mind they held hands during the final savasana....err what can I say I'm a hopeless romantic.


Now I'm sitting here wondering what is next...I've been lovingly banned from the studio for a few days in order to rest up and will be back next week Thursday. This is a good thing because I know that my body needs to rest up and process the changes that are taking place from within. Unfortunately with the Christmas season I'm scared I may do more damage than good...I will show restraint....I will continue to blog but not as often. And I may even do another challenge God willing...but I think that once you have done 101 you stop counting and just keep going.

sidebar: I never got my forehead to my knee in standing separate leg head to knee pose..but I know I will one day.

1 comment:

  1. Truly inspiring. You always had that strength to persevere within you - bikram just help you re-discover it. Well done girl!

    ReplyDelete