Monday 29 February 2016

Crossfit Open 16.1 Scaled redo

So a little update. This morning I woke dreaming about the release of 16.2...when I realised it was only Monday I cursed and then my thoughts went back to 16.1...yep I defo could not have done it any better....but just maybe I could have done the RX walking lunges and the over the bar burpees and leave the jumping pullups as it would take me the 20mins to do the lunges at 29kgs.
I went to the box. And Coach Ellz sat me down and had a word...she said if the only reason I want to try and do the RX score is to negate my scaled score as I wasn't happy with it then not to try it. But if I was happy with my scaled score and was just curious to see how far I could go then to go for it.
Me and my stubborn ways was still unhappy with the scaled score...and attempted to Over Head Lunge a PVC pipe, the 8kgs bar, then 15kg and I got stuck at 20kgs...29kgs was going to hurt and I was just being foolish. In the end. I ended up re-doing 16.1 but used the 8kg bar and over head squatted that sh*!t!!!

I powered on through and at the end of it all I got a total of 117 reps...my twisted little mind was happier with this score as I had over head lunged. It was tough but I got it done.

Now the question is will I be able to walk tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment