Friday 4 March 2016

Crossfit Open 16.2 Scaled - Moving Weight

Well what can I say. This Open has been a weird one for me....yep we are only 2 down...but for some reason in my mind I get worked up so much about the workouts and I have a slight anxiety attack. I thought Crossfit was meant to be fun. I know I will never make it to regionals and I know I will always be at the bottom of the leader board, I don't know why I'm taking it so seriously.

I sat there waiting for my turn and cheering on others...but I really wanted to grab my shit and walk the hell out of there and come back again when it was quieter so maybe do it on Monday morning with only 2 other people in the box. Coach Ellz was like "Right show me your knee raises..." I showed her she was like "do your single unders" I done em and she was like "lets see your squat"...I done them. She was then like "ok cool this is what you'll do and if you need to redo it then you can do it on Monday." I was like "err if I do do it tonight I'm only getting 1 round" Well wasn't I the pessimistic one...I only went and got past the first round and into my second round and finished at 9 squat cleans...Only 3 more to reach the 3rd round....so close so freaking close!!!

What does that mean? That means I'm going to try it again on Monday morning. Oh yes I am and I'm going to try and smash it!! All I want to do is get to the third round and attempt the 43kg squat clean...heck knows I may get it. This means this weekend it's all about buckling down clean eating and getting some fitness in. In terms of pacing I need to stop holding on to the bar saying "omg it's so heavy" plus I need to stop muscling the bar up and power cleaning it...but try and get under it just a smidgen. When I do the knee raises I always hesitate before starting them off...why only God knows.

I was happy with my finish today but Naz...who proper smashed it came up to me and said she was disappointed in her performance. It's funny because from where I standing huffing and puffing she was going for it...I'm not sure of her score but she did have a tear in her eye. I said to her I was in the same place last week and not to be too hard on herself. She said "I can't believe I could pick up 43kgs" In my mind it got me thinking...bloody hellfire 43kgs is a lot some people will go most their lives not being able to pick that shit up and we are moving the weight so quickly like it is nothing. We put way too much pressure on ourselves...why do we do this? If someone can answer that for me then that would be grand.

sidebar: I am a broken woman and my mobility is shot to pieces but tonight I PB'd all over myself and popped it on the PB white board...I finally got my squats to be below Parallel. Going back to 14. 5 those thursters were a killer and I got no repped a million times that wod took me 1:31:38 (Dave Castro said the clock will not save you and it did not) So I am making progress. Coach Ellz looked like she was going to cry cos she has been working with me and my mobility. I told her it's the knee pads I bought last week...she says no but I now the truth it's the knee pads :) #oldladybeastintraining

No comments:

Post a Comment